- Location: Reigate, Surrey
Supported Housing & Benefits Officer
Active Prospects are recruiting for a Supported Housing & Benefits Officer to join our team at our Head Office in Reigate.
As we continue to grow and thrive as an organisation, this is a brand-new role that will be responsible for providing effective, efficient, responsive service to the people we support, who require housing-related support to remain in their home and/or continue with their tenancy.
As a Supported Housing & Benefits Officer, you will be involved in supporting people to set up and maintain a home and tenancy as well as providing advice and support to the people we support and liaise with relevant agencies on their behalf. You will undertake assessments of support visits and provide advice and support by liaising with relevant agencies on their behalf. Other responsibilities within this role will be:
• Assist and support the people we support to meet rent and service charges obligations to landlords.
• Organise monthly tenancy meetings in liaison with service managers and provide updated communications with the people we support.
• In liaison with the Finance team and Housing services, administer the provision of comprehensive information to the people we support in relation to service charges, annual uplifts of rent and contracts.
• Undertake estate inspections with tenants, ensuring the reporting of any repairs, and completion of arising tenancy and estate management actions.
• Supporting arrears management to ensure income is collected timely way
Successful applicants for the role of Supported Housing & Benefits Officer will require previous experience of working as a Housing Office within a community setting and have strong knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory requirements. You will need a driving licence with your own vehicle.
For full job description and person specification, please contact Recruitment.
As an employee of Active Prospects, you will receive a salary of up to £30,000 per annum, with 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), access to the Blue Light Card, Employee Assistance Programme, Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay and much more!
If you wish to be considered for this role, apply with your CV or alternatively contact Recruitment on 01737 924246 (Adele) / 01737 924102 (Mike).